Friday, March 10, 2006

...ly Round-up!

* There's a nice discussion on abortion ban brewing (pun intended) at Ek Cup Coffee. My thoughts on the issue are basically pro-choice and pro woman's rights. Please do contribute your thoughts if you do have something to say about it.

* Venky has written a lovely piece on a unique street artist he encountered recently on a trip to Calcutta, India. Venky's also taken the effort to post a video recording of the artist in action, and has also scanned some of the artist's work. Reminds me of a Latin-American street artist my wife and I saw making paintings in a similar fashion in Wilmington, NC. Street artists everywhere, whether it be those painting, involved in craftwork, or performing ( pick-pocketing not included); take a bow.

* Finally, I understand that blogging sometimes involves linking to works of others and also reporting interesting stuff. Sadly, my blog fails to perform that particular function to any level of satisfaction. But I do like how blogging involves making people follow useless links of one's own work, and I sometimes do indulge in it myself. You very very very few (perhaps imaginary) loyal patrons of my blog will recognize a recurring theme of me talking about my struggles with going easy on other people, especially the question of whether "to bait or not to bait?" other people (here and here).

Well, there's not much else to report except that I am back to my earlier bad habits, and it's becoming difficult to consciously change.

Help me! Stop me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is with regard to the $185K blog on 'Ek cup coffee'. Since that blog doesn't allow anonymous comments, I took the liberty of addressing the issue here...

Personally speaking, I would take that $185K figure with more than a pinch of salt. It is not unusual for the IIMs to exaggerate the salary figures offered to their students as a means of one-upmanship. For example, the highest salary offered in 1999 was $75K (+20K relocation). It was reported in the newspapers as $110K. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual offer was in the region of $150K (including relocation). Still a whopping amount though, one must admit.I would take that $185K figure with more than a pinch of salt. It is not unusual for the IIMs to exaggerate the salary figures offered to their students as a means of one-upmanship. For example, the highest salary offered in 1999 was $75K (+20K relocation). It was reported in the newspapers as $110K. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual offer was in the region of $150K (including relocation). Still a whopping amount though, one must admit.

brij said...

J why are you repeating yourself???:)

Venky said...

he's a PhD Brij ... you should know ;) (u played the absent-minded professor remember?)