Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Under the Weather

For those who care (or even those who don't), I have been under the weather off late. Started with flu-like symptoms: cold, cough, slight fever. Then got better for a few days (no fever, but had the cold and cough). And then fell ill again; high fever, still had the damn cold and cough. Turns out that I may have bronchitis. It's not as bad as it sounds. Anyways, so the reason I wasn't writing much was because I was sick for about 2 weeks, and am still not completely out of the woods yet.

It's nice that I can write anything I want (mostly crap) and I know some people will read it. A small few of those some will care. Most of them won't. But you'll still read it! Heh! Heh! That's the power I have over my readers.

Get a life, Sarat!

5 comments:

Ketaki said...

Hope you feel better soon...

Sarat said...

Thanks. (People do care. Sniff!)

However, most of the people around me are more worried about me spreading whatever it is that I have, than me getting better!;)

Ketaki said...

That's true and I can never understand that. That's the "culture" here I guess. Will wear socks and shoes to bed not giving a damn to what can spread there, but you can't go to work with a sneeze. Sick these people are!

Venky said...

Ha ha - just yesterday someone in D's team refused to meet since the third person (probably) had flu!
:D
D and I were discussing - how strange - we would rather visit someone when he/she is not feeling well!

-Venky.

Sarat said...

You're right about that Ketaki! It's fear and paranoia really thats the business strategy for virtually everything...

But on the other extreme, there's us desi's with "Chalta hai!" and "Dekhte hain badme kya hota hai!" Perhaps the more pragmatic position to occupy is somewhere in between.

Wait a minute! If that's where ABCD's and SOB's (that apparently in ABCD lingo, means Stale-Of-the-Boat, as opposed to FOB), then I'd hate to be like either of them (for the most part).

Sadly, I'm getting Stale like the rest... Ah well!

Venky, thanks for house calling with hot food and kisses, well.. ok.. you didn't get me no kisses, but thanks to you and Soumya for the hot food and attention. Won't be all that great to say good bye to you guys when y'all take off for Lone Star state. But I'll always have, "Bastard Sarat! I'm growing up!" to remember the good ol' times by! Heh! Heh! Just kidding!

Thanks again to both you and Soumya!