Friday, June 09, 2006

Common Man and friend at Worli sea-face, Mumbai

(pic courtesy: www.mid-day.com, photographer: Mukesh Parpiani)

Wonder what they're both thinking about. But, I am sure R.K. Laxman's "Common Man" is enjoying the boy's company too. As he stands there taking in the spectacle of the crashing waters of the Arabian Sea, the ebb and flow of the tides, boats and ships in the distance, the approaching monsoon clouds, and the setting sun every evening. Forever lost in contemplation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. :)

- Aparna

Ketaki said...

sigh...
that lane behind them is the lane that went to my undergraduate college...oh how much I miss being able to get to that spot in less than 3 minutes from home...

Venky said...

Hey! - I wanna see 'im
:( - now I wanna go home.