Thursday, May 11, 2006

I need Kavya!

Well, at least to bump up visits to my blog. Not that it was my intention to do so - but I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at my WebStats counter data that I do about once a week, that since I wrote about Kavya on "Internalizing", my blog got a whole buncha hits.

Take a look at this graph that I got from my counter page.


Notice the large hits in the center - they were during the Kavya days. Now that the hype has sorta died down, and we're all not that interested in how badly she screwed up anymore, in short her 15 minutes of infamy are up, well - my site hits are sadly back to what they were earlier. I guess my advice to bloggers out there is, if you want more people to visit your site - write avidly about current topics and watch the hits rise. Oh wait! We're all doing that already. Shoot!

So, the truth is, I need Kavya as much as Kavya needs inspiration. Pretty badly!


Visit my whorehouse soon folks. Until then...

4 comments:

Sib said...

Well, to be honest, its the easiest way to get traffic directed at you...just find out what's the hottest topic on the net/news right now and then blog about it...you will see a constant increase in web traffic...but then again, that's a bit of cheating, which I wouldn't encourage !

Ketaki said...

Yes, you do.

Sib said...

Huh ? Was that last comment directed at me or at Sarat's post ? :)

Ketaki said...

It was only directed at Sarat :)