Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Gears of a mad world

If you're like me you probably saw the promos of "Gears of War" (Epic games) back a couple of years, and thought it looked pretty cool. Also, like me, you thought that the song in the promo was pretty cool too, and a lovely touch that actually enhanced the game's appeal beyond the usual ultra-violent video game commercial.



That song was/is "Mad World" and was by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews. It was the first time I heard it. Thought I'd link to that video here as well. If you're like me, you'll like the lyrics as well.



What I didn't know then was that the song originally belongs to "Tears for Fears".

Anyways, some guy on American Idol performed "Mad World" on the show. I heard it. Thought it was largely inspired by the version heard in the "Gears of War" promo (Jules/ Andrews).

And for all the well-deserved hype "Mad World"'s getting you have "Tears for Fears" to thank.

"Gears of Wars" was/is freakin amazing as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

American Idol?

I bet you watch it just for Ryan Seacrest :p

Sarat said...

Nice.

Sadly (or happily) I don't watch American Idol. Saw a TV show roundup vid on Yahoo - which featured the AI episode.

But then you probably don't care for the explanation. OK - its Seacrest then.