Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Down but not out

...At least not yet.

Finally decided to get my bum right knee fixed. Turned out I had a complete ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear. I had suspected that something was seriously wrong with it. Underwent ACL reconstruction surgery. Surgery was always going to be the last resort. Still. Wasn't left with too much of a choice.

It will be two weeks since surgery tomorrow. I am getting better. Movement is restricted. Crutches help me around for now. I'm in the process of eliminating their need one by one. I'm also undergoing physio-therapy sessions. Pain has eased up a lot. Still, I do require painkillers now and then.

Hopefully in about 6-9 months I can return to some level of atheletic activity. Something to look forward to I guess. Thats why I underwent the sort-of-ordeal in the first place.

No comments: