Sunday, August 06, 2006

"Losing my Religion"

I know, I know all I have been doing here for the past couple of weeks is putting up pictures or embedding YouTube videos. I agree the whole video linking and sharing is wonderful if its used properly - and NOT excessively. It's like thinking that babies love to be tickled all the f**king time. They don't!! At least not you babies out there.

Ah do apologize for mah excess.

Be that as it may, I'm back here with another video: once again ("Lord have mercy!") from CBS's RockStar Supernova. But this time, it's from a performer you haven't seen before on this space - Ryan Star. And I was eating my dinner on my couch watching the show when this performance came up and I stopped chewing for a ... lengthy period of time. I have since viewed this performance, and heard it on mp3 format several times. I think some of you (who haven't yet seen it) will do that too - before you exorcise it out of your system.

Here's Ryan Star then - on this very short video clip from this past Tuesday's episode of Rockstar Supernova with a wonderfully fresh rendition of R.E.M.'s classic "Losing my religion".



To get more of the Supernova stuff ( videos, mp3's , bio's, etc.) visit Supernova Fans . I wish I could say that this will be my last video post on the topic of Rockstar Supernova... but I can't. So you'll have to bear with me for a little while more on this and hope that I get tired of watching the show and quit yapping about it, and move on to something else.

Problem: There's nothing worthwhile to move on to!

5 comments:

brij said...

His reprise was not so much fun. He cheated his way through the power alaap:)

Sarat said...

It did feel like he changed it up out of fear of sucking the second time around. But, for a live artist, you've got to be clever at that really too. So in that sense, smart thing to do.

I actually liked his piano notes a lot more in his encore.

Sarat said...

*Brij: "Power alaap" made me smile! Very apt actually! Nice one there.

Nev said...

Sarat, You actualy got me hooked on this show. Damn!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarat,
This guy has a good voice. Interesting new version of a great song. Most importantly the show looks really good. Reminds me of MTV unplugged.
- Abhi.